Welcome to Workrise! We are excited to have you join!
Below you will find all necessary information needed to complete your work onboarding. If you still have questions after, please feel free to contact Workrise Support.
Note: Some of these steps may vary depending on your contract details. If you have questions please reach out to your onboarding representative or contact email@example.com.
Step 1: Job Invite
In order to begin work onboarding, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:
You have been invited to work with (insert company name here).
- If you have not received the invite email please check your spam/junk folder before reaching out to Workrise.
- If you already have an existing account with Workrise, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have an account under a different email address, please let us know and we will merge your accounts.
Example of invite email below:
Open the email, click Join Workrise Now. This will redirect you to app.workrise.com to complete account setup.
Fill in the requested information and create a password that you can easily remember. Tip: store your password somewhere safe in case you forget it.
Once your sign up information has been filled out, click Start using Workrise.
Step 2: Packages & Job Details
On the following screens, you will be prompted to review your payment options, health insurance information, job details, and certification requirements.
Depending on your contract, some of these options may vary. Our 1099 Contractors are provided the option for a free heath insurance concierge service to help you find the plan that best suits your needs.
Your job details clearly outline the details of your work, including any billable rates and split rates.
Finally you are prompted to add any missing certifications required for your work. You will have the option to add these at a later date if you do not currently have documentation on file.
Step 3: Tell Us About Yourself
After you have accepted the job, you will need to enter basic information about yourself click Save and Continue.
Step 4: Workrise Independent Contractor Agreement
On the next page you will see the Workrise Independent Contractor Agreement.
- Be sure to read through the entire agreement before you check the box that states: By checking this box, I agree to the terms of the Independent Contractor Agreement.
- Finally, click Save and Continue to continue to the next step.
Note: You will be unable to click the agreement box until you scroll through the entire Independent Contractor Agreement.
Step 5: Safety Manual, Auto Insurance, Background & Drug Consent
- Click Workrise Safety Manual in order to download the manual.
- After reading the manual check the box stating: By checking this box, I acknowledge that I have received and reviewed the Workrise Safety Manual.
Note: You do not need to send in a signed copy of the manual. It will be sufficient enough to simply check the acknowledgement on the website.
- Upload a photo or file that clearly displays proof of your auto insurance to the Select or drop proof of auto insurance section.
- The auto insurance proof needs to include your name, insurance provider, policy number, and both the effective and expiration dates. *The expiration date should match the one you manually enter into Workrise.
Important Note: If you do not have a car, therefore do not have auto insurance, then please upload a document that states why you do not have auto insurance, to the Select or drop proof of auto insurance section.
Background Check / Drug Screen:
- Check the box to consent to receiving a background check and/or drug screen from Workrise, as well as consent that we will share the results with your current company.
- When finished, click save and continue.
Step 6: Tax Information
Next, you will need to input your tax information in order for Workrise to verify your work eligibility and correctly report your income. This information is kept confidential.
- If you are filing as a business select Yes for "Do you intend to bill through a business entity, such as an LLC?" and complete the required fields.
Step 7: Bank Information
In the final onboarding step you will need to input your bank information in order to be paid.
Important Note: If you wish to receive a check mailed to your address, select the I don’t have a bank account box. Checks are mailed the Friday following your payment date. Once you have completed entering this information, press save and continue.
- Provide your bank name, account type, routing number, and account number.
- Double check that all information is entered accurately.
If you are unsure of the accuracy of your bank information, PLEASE verify this with your financial institution before entering anything. Incorrect information will delay the payment process.
As soon as all above onboarding information is entered, you will be able to begin the background check and drug screening process!
Once again, welcome to Workrise!
For assistance with hiring a contractor, please contact us at email@example.com.