What is a Geotab Device?
Geotab is a vehicle telematics device that plugs into the vehicle’s OBD II port. As you begin to drive, the device will record data on vehicle location, speed, engine idling, distance and more.
What will I be monitored on?
- Location (GPS Coordinates)
- Trip History
- Vehicle Operating Hours
- Distance Driven
- Harsh Braking
- Harsh / Prolonged Acceleration
- Seatbelt Usage
- Excessive Engine Idling
What are the expectations as a driver for this device?
As a driver, you are required to log on to your Geotab device each time you operate a
Workrise Fleet vehicle. (See How Here - Driver ID Fob Instructions or below). If your device becomes unplugged, call 1-800-397- 7102. If your device fails to register as “online” for 24 hours, your supervisor will be notified, and disciplinary actions may occur.
Who is supposed to “Sign in” to the vehicle?
Anytime the vehicle is in operation, the worker that is driving the vehicle, MUST use their ID Fob to sign into the vehicle.
Who do I contact if my device is not working?
Please contact the FPE Team if your device is not working or will not register your driver ID Fob.
What if there is more than one driver in a vehicle?
If there is more than one employee in the vehicle, only the driver needs to swipe their ID fob. Please do NOT share ID fobs with one another, as this is against company policy.
Driver ID Fob Instructions:
- To log into the vehicle, please swipe the ID fob to the NFC ID Reader in the vehicle. Please note, the placement of the NFC reader will vary, depending on the make and model of the vehicle it is installed in. Please see the below photo of an example of what the NFC reader will resemble.
- Failure to swipe into a vehicle will result in an alarm that will go off until the driver has been logged in. An alert will be sent to the FPE team, as well the direct supervisor if this occurs.
- To log out of a vehicle, simply turn off the vehicle. There is no need to re swipe the Fob to “Check Out” of the vehicle. Turning off the vehicle will sign the driver out of the vehicle.
- If there are any issues with the NFC reader, the ID fob, or the device itself, please reach out to the FPE Team contacts below.
FPE Team Contact Information
Victoria Chustz, MBA, PMP
Project Manager, FPE
Fleet Manager, Renewables